Planning and Arriving
What do I pack? What are my transportation options?
See our Planning and Arriving FAQ.Check in time is 3:00 p.m.
First stop – Hotel registration. Take your time. Once you are settled in, feel free to get a warm welcome at our Institute Registration Desk located in the Convention center in the Grand Promenade.
2015 Institute Registration opens beginning 10 a.m. Wednesday 10/28, and then is open daily from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. through Saturday 10/31. Closed on Sunday.
Need to change your originally scheduled check out date?
At or before check-in, be sure to ask the hotel if there are any penalties because of your change.
Navigating the Property
- Walk. Take the Tram. Ride a Water taxi. All are free and available for our enjoyment. We will tell you more in our “FAQs and Quick Reference Guide – the Finale” for all the ways you can get around this beautiful resort.
- A site map is attached. Also pick up a paper copy with estimated travel times available to you at hotel check in. Remember to plan 20 – 45 minutes round trip.
- There will be 3 Medical Scooters available on a first come/first serve basis. Rental cost is $250 for the week. If you need this service, please contact Laura Steelquist at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 808-221-0126.
Baggage and handling
- The hotel will transfer your luggage to your room. However, it may take approximately 45 minutes for your luggage to get there. If you would rather have your luggage arrive faster, you can take it yourself.
- The easiest way to transfer your own luggage is to take it with you on the tram that will transfer you to the Ocean Tower.
Ordered our specialty Zone Hawaiian Shirt? Pick up is at the 2015/2016 Promotion table also in the Grand Promenade.
TREAT YOUR NAME TAG LIKE GOLD
With such a large resort and so many guests, your badge is your ticket into all Institute events. Remember that our SAAs are our friends and fellow Rotarians. Make their lives easier. Please make sure your badge is visible when entering every meal. If you forget, you may be referred back to Registration to get a replacement or a onetime meal pass.
- In addition to your badge, meals served buffet style will also require a separate meal ticket. Be sure to have both with you for Thursday night and Saturday night.
- Feel the need to stay connected? As part of our Institute you have free Wi-Fi in your room and limited coverage around the resort. Your code will be provided at registration.
- Our “Connecting for Good” theme has many meanings in our Rotary lives, and this Institute will have great fellowship and speakers at every session. You won’t want to miss a single one. Everything is detailed in your Program.
- You will find additional information about daily events and amenities in the printed program. You will also find your FAQ Quick Reference Guide a handy tool. Take advantage of both documents so you do not miss a thing.
- Remember to take travel time into account when planning your “commute” from your room to one of our venues. Distances are included with your printed site map. Typically, it takes between 10 to 15 minutes to travel between the Ocean Tower and the Convention Center.
Pick up your “FAQS and more…Part 3” at hotel registration to help you get settled. Get even more details on ENJOYING and DEPARTING in your expanded “FAQ and Quick Reference Guide” included in your Institute Registration Packet.