On October 29th, Rotarians on the US West Coast kicked off the Connecting for Good Tour in Honolulu, Hawaii. This special tour is the largest goodwill tour on the West Coast and will travel through 6 states and 14 cities. Keep up with the RV Team and city community service projects on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and if the tour stops in your city, come out and see us! #connectingforgood #wearerotary
Connecting for Good and the Ribbon Project
As the thousands of West Coast Rotarians show the power of Rotary and contribute perhaps tens of thousands of volunteer service hours, we want to ensure your district has the opportunity to keep the work going – this fundraiser is the Ribbons Project. Optimal Giving has provided each of the 14 cities with their own unique code that you can text on your mobile phone to “41444” to make a contribution.
When you make a suggested contribution of $5 or more you will receive a ribbon to tie to the RIBBONS PROJECT. Personalize your ribbon by writing a message on your ribbon. The ribbons will travel to each city and show the growing power of each District to fundraise in support of their respective community. Your District’s fundraising may benefit your District’s Connecting for Good service site (the nonprofit or variation thereof), or END POLIO NOW, or a combination. For example, District 5340 will contribute funds to Boys & Girls Club organizations across San Diego County.
Here’s how to make a contribution
- TELL EVERYONE! … let your District know (by email, newsletter, social media) they can give as early as NOW!
- TEXT your keyword to 4144 and make a contribution.
- For example, if you’re in Hawaii, use Hi4Good
- WRITE your message of HOPE, INSPIRATION, SOLIDARITY, & WELL WISHES in the notes of the text response for Your Ribbon
- Each District has its own color ribbon for messages at your Districts service site – a visual representation for press/ media / photo ops … how big can your color get on the rope of ribbons?
- FOLLOW your message as it travels the West Coast and grows with other District’s messages
- DEPOSIT and distribute funds to your NONPROFIT service site OR END POLIO NOW
Text the KeyPhrase below to 4144. Or click on the link and the website will pop up where you can make your donation.
Distribute to your District and start fundraising now! If you cannot attend your community service project, you can still participate in the Ribbon Project. Write your message of hope in the notes field and we will install it on a Ribbon for your District with your Districts color block on the ribbon rope the day of your District’s Service Project.
KeyPhrase – Website
Hi4Good – https://app.mobilecause.com/form/Ui_BBA
Sea4Good – https://app.mobilecause.com/f/11tl/n
Port4Good – https://app.mobilecause.com/form/L08ISQ
Eugene4Good – https://app.mobilecause.com/form/vFm_tw
SFO4Good – https://app.mobilecause.com/form/pVL3gA
OAK4Good – https://app.mobilecause.com/form/4CVesA
SAC4Good – https://app.mobilecause.com/form/4GEo2w
Baker4Good – https://app.mobilecause.com/form/IzSIfg
Vegas4Good – https://app.mobilecause.com/form/wg-Zbg
PHX4Good – https://app.mobilecause.com/form/YSRa9Q
SD4Good – https://app.mobilecause.com/form/EaK99g
LA4Good – https://app.mobilecause.com/form/5sCzXw
SB4Good – https://app.mobilecause.com/form/biyDwQ