Santa Barbara Airport (SBA); located 8 miles north of the city. The iconic red-tiled roofed, Mediterranean terminal boasts mosaic tile floors and original frescos that provide the ambiance for the full “Santa Barbara Experience.” Six non-stop flights including Denver (United), Los Angeles (United), Phoenix (American Airlines), Portland (Alaska) and San Francisco (United) and Seattle (Alaska). It is approximately 15 minutes from the Fess Parker.
Transportation from SBA or LAX Airports
- Complimentary shuttle from SBA Airport to the Fess Parker. (5 a.m.-9 p.m.) Call Guest Services 30 minutes prior to arrival (805) 564-4333.
- Taxi’s pick up at SBA. Approximate cost to hotel is $35. A Taxi from LAX will cost around $65.
- Santa Barbara Airbus can pick up at LAX. Can accommodate virtually any size group, including individuals. $46-$50 for an individual. Currently 8 shuttles per day. https://www.sbairbus.com/page/display/laxshuttle.
http://www.sbairbus.com (805) 964-7759.
Amtrak Train Travel
Santa Barbara lies along the West Coast Amtrak route. The train station is conveniently located in downtown Santa Barbara, an easy walk, or 50-cents shuttle ride from many downtown attractions. The Coast Starlight and Pacific Surfliner both take you to Santa Barbara.
There is a Complimentary shuttle from the Santa Barbara Amtrak station to the Fess Parker. (5 a.m.-9 p.m.) Call Guest Services 30 minutes prior to arrival (805) 564-4333.
Public Transportation near the hotel
MTD’s Downtown & Waterfront Shuttles provide frequent shuttle service along busy State Street and the Waterfront area. At just 50 Cents a ride you can hop on and off to quickly get anywhere downtown. Transfers are required for connecting between the Downtown and Waterfront shuttles. As you board your first shuttle, ask the driver for a FREE shuttle transfer. Shuttle transfers are not valid on other MTD routes.
The waterfront shuttle can be picked up in front of the Fess Parker hotel.
Other transportation in and around Santa Barbara
- EOS Santa Barbara; A “Charter” provides you with a professional driver and vehicle at an hourly rate, whether it’s one vehicle or a combination of vehicles. Capacity; a 6 passenger luxury SUV, 14 passenger van, to a 25 passenger mini-bus. http://eossantabarbara.com (805)683-9636.
- Gold Coast Limo; professional chauffeurs. Capacity; 3 passenger town car to 28 passenger Mini Coaches available. http://www.goldcoastlimos.com/index.html (805)937-5466.
- Santa Barbara Airbus; can accommodate virtually any size group with an extensive fleet of vehicles. Capacity; 21-56 mini coaches and full size tour coaches. http://www.sbairbus.com (805) 964-7759.
- RoadRunner Shuttle; Chartering a vehicle from Roadrunner is fun, convenient, economical, and easy.http://www.rrshuttle.com/index.html 800-247-7919.
- RockStar Transportation; drivers can meet you at SBA baggage claim to assist with your luggage. They say “Pick your own music or music video, get your photos taken, have drinks and feel like; well a RockStar”. http://www.rockstarsb.com/ (805) 882-9191.
- There are taxi services as well as Uber service in Santa Barbara.